mercredi 31 août 2016

Samsung Galaxy Note 4 (N910F) Hard Bricked itself - RELINK HS-USB QDLOADER 9008

Hi,

words cannot describe how p***** off I am with this phone. I've had it for quite a while, ever since updating it to Android Marshmallow I've faced a lot of issues. Main one being the slugglish speed of the Note 4, and it turning off before it reaches 0% battery life (often in the 15% zone it would turn off) and when the phone did turn off, turning it back on again with the 15% of remaining battery life would just kill itself in a bootloop on the Samsung splash screen, it would not go on and play the Samsung animation but rather bootloop on the splash screen with the model of the phone. After overcoming this issue, (by charging it before it reaches 20%) I still was not happy about the performance and how often the phone would freeze using Facebook. I blamed the app for not being well developed for android Marshmallow on the Note 4 and uninstalled it. However, the phone would still freeze and play up. So I decided to give a factory reset a go and that made no difference whatsoever. I thought it was my battery as that would explain the shut down of the phone before reaching 0% battery life; I ended up purchasing two brand new batteries.

HERES THE CURRENT STORY

Whilst I waiting for them to arrive, I turned the phone off and put it in my drawer hoping that keeping it off might just make a difference. 3 days later the batteries came, after work I came home to try them out on my phone and guess what? The phone wouldn't turn on. I put the other battery in thinking it was just a bad unit but nope, that wouldn't work either. Last resort, I used my previous battery and still... it doesn't work. I put the battery in my external battery charger thinking it was just the USB port that died but the external battery charger charged the battery up and the phone would still not turn on. What's going on? I decided to open up the phone as I've opened it up before hand to repair minor issues that we're easy to replace. Reconnected the screen, cameras, ear piece, charger port... still no luck? Could it be the screen had died? Only one way to find out... test it on a computer and find out what the computer detects it as.

I'm running Windows 7 Ultimate, not many programs are installed but all the essentials for my phone are, USB drivers, KIES, etc... Also, just to add to this I have not unlocked the bootloader on this phone, nor have I attempted to root it. It's just been living a stock life.

I put the battery in my phone, plug it into the computer and it didn't pick up anything.... oh wait... about 10 seconds later it starts downloading a driver. Woohoo! Some relief, but the real question is. Which is at fault? The screen or the motherboard? I was hoping neither... my temper just shot in the sky after finding out the driver being installed was QHSUSB_BULK. I knew exactly what this was, I had a HTC One which I hard bricked and it resulted in QHSUSB_DLOAD. But this? I wasn't so sure, so I googled it hoping it wasn't a full hard brick but just a soft brick, even though hard bricks show no life in the phone. Moments later after researching my PC said the drivers we're installed and the driver was named... "RELINK HS-USB QDLoader 9008 (COM8)" At this point I just lost it. How can I be to blame? I remember 100% that this phone has no attempts of being rooted or modified in any way. I do not have any knowledge on using a JTAG and do not wish to spend so much time and money on a JTAG to fix this phone. Is there no other way around this? How could this have happened? Was it the battery? Or something I replaced in the phone? The only thing I did replace was the dock for the home button, and charger port. Could that have put it into the casket?

Any replies WILL be appreciated.


from xda-developers http://ift.tt/2c1xqw8
via IFTTT

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire