lundi 30 mai 2016

PIT File

Hi guys! So I was getting me a new ROM yesterday. I saw somewhere that there was a new version of TWRP available, so I decided to update it first. For the first time I thought I'd use the TWRP manager and install the new recovery. It all went well. App downloaded the new rec. Double checked it was the correct one and hit install. Then I got a question and a suggestion of what partition I wanted to install on. I don't know of the partitions so I assumed the app choosed the right one. Installed and when rebooting to rec it stopped on the boot screen. Nothing more happened. After 30 minutes I hit download mode and choosed cancel to get to reboot in to system. Same thing, stuck on the first boot screen. I decided there was nothing else to do but revert back to stock via Odin. The phone sat on the boot screen for about one hour while I downloaded everything needed and set up everything. I then followed the text book and installed latest stock. All went well and phone booted up on stock. I quickly went through the setup wizard and headed straight in to developer mode and ticked OEM and USB debugging. Into Odin again and installed the same TWRP I had before. Did everything I was supposed to, including un tick the reboot box. The rec installed fine. I rebooted into download mode again and selected cancel. Quickly hit the buttons for recovery reboot and saw the welcoming red warning about "recovery is not......". But, to my despair it stuck on the first boot screen again. Have tried the same procedure twice now, but the outcome is the same.Do you think the app ( read: ME ) screwed up the partitions? And if so, should I once again install stock ROM but this time use a PIT file? Been reading about it and it seems like it's very scary to use the PIT. I'm now back on stock with stock recovery and everything works fine. I wanted, so badly, to try out the new CM build from @Rainbow_Dash but...... Any advice guys?


from xda-developers http://ift.tt/1Z7SoIS
via IFTTT

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire