lundi 2 mai 2016

ERROR: "set_perm: some changes failed" when flashing ROM traces back to /system mount

Hi all, I'm hoping that somebody much smarter than myself might happen to read this and know a possible cause for the following observations. I don't think the particular device hardware or version of Android should matter, as this is more of a general question. I installed a ClockworkMOD recovery and booted into it. Then when I attempt to flash a ROM (from external SD) that is known to be intact and working..

observations:
* I see the error message:
set_perm: some changes failed
E:Error in /storage/external_SD/ROMs/AdvancedStock8.zip
(Status 7)
Installation aborted.
* the real culprit has to do with partitions not mounting properly.
the workaround was to manually unmount and then remount: "/system", "/data", "/cache", and "/storage/external_SD".
afterward, both flashing a .zip and restoring from an earlier backup will work;
though it may require a few repeated tries (and a fair bit of cursing).

I have several identical phones and this behavior only occurred on one of them. I was eventually able to install the desired ROM on the suspect device, but I don't know what would cause this mounting issue. Should I be worried that there may be a problem with this device and go through the hassle of returning it? ..which would (of course) mean going through the hassle of trying to flash it back to a stock ROM.


from xda-developers http://ift.tt/1Utx7tF
via IFTTT

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire