dimanche 28 février 2016

"Footer is wrong" error after updating to 5.0 - can't flash

I just decided to upgrade my Note 3 (N9005) from 4.4.2 to Lollipop - I was holding off until Xposed for TW seemed nice and stable - and used this guide to do it. The intention was to go up to 5.0 and then put on a custom 5.1 rom on with xposed.

Since putting 5.0 on, however, I appear to be able to flash almost nothing - everything comes up with the...

"Finding update package...
Verifying update package...
E: footer is wrong
E: footer is wrong
E: signature verification failed
Installation aborted"

...error, then reboots. I tried changing from CWM to TWRP, and discovered that anything which uses the Aroma installer won't run either - it starts then quits back to TWRP. I tried a whole bunch of other update threads but ended up with a device that wouldn't boot.

At this point I decided to push the 5.0 ROM from Sammobile back on via Odin and try to start afresh. My device is currently working with 5.0 (and CWM) on it but I still cannot flash anything - with the one exception of arter97's kernel, which flashes fine!!!

I'm stumped. I've read various threads about the "Footer is wrong" error and am none the wiser. It cannot be the files, I've pulled a number of them numerous times (various machines too) and checked the hashes and they're all good, but I can't fined anything conclusive to give me a way forward.

Can anyone suggest a next step? Please?


from xda-developers http://ift.tt/1Rysdbe
via IFTTT

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire