lundi 29 février 2016

[GUIDE] Tweaking Interacting Gov

Hey guys, Kyuubi10 back once again with another Guide.
I thought it might be useful to pop in a couple results of my trial and error for the HTC One M8.

Note: This is not scientifically, calculated accurate, but it's close enough, based on estimates.

After following these guides:
http://ift.tt/1v1cIhc
http://ift.tt/1ndJsnu

I decided to make a summary guide of the above but with specific HTC One M8 values.

Since I agree with the idea of "race to idle" embodied in the Wheatley governor, I tried emulating that on the Interactive governor while also keeping it as efficient as possible.

Here are the values (all others not mentioned, leave default):
Code:

above_hispeed_delay - 80000 2265600:10000

go_hispeed_load - 95

hispeed_freq - 1728000

io_is_busy - 1

min_sample_time - 10000

target_loads - 45 729000:80 883200:50 1267000:85 1497600:50 1728000:90 1958400:50

timer_rate - 10000

timer_slack - 5000

"above_hispeed_delay" makes sure that longer time is spent on the frequency step 1.72Ghz, before quickly raising higher into max freq.
1.72Ghz is the most energy efficient frequency with a good performance, e.g. it will not cause lag during casual usage, while it uses minimal voltage.
If the load is too high for this frequency to handle, I set the time short once it's gone over this freq step so that it will not waste time before reaching max freq. Thus dealing with the issue asap.

Another important parameter is "target_load", with this I have defined that at each efficient freq step the load needed to overcome it would be higher than normal. But it would up-scale quickly when using non-efficient frequencies.

The other parameters I have set so that the frequency is lowered as soon as CPU load is finished, so that it will rush back to idle as quickly as possible.

The interesting thing about this set-up is that for general, non heavy usage, it basecally functions as if I have underclocked to 1.72Ghz, but when the CPU is truly pushed it reaches up to 2.5Ghz which is my Overclocked max freq value.
Thus both saving battery and providing high performance.

I have felt no lag, and it's been quite a smooth experience while I used this :)
Combined with using GPU rendering (found in developer settings), and Seeder, the over all usage is pretty good.
Battery usage has been very efficient and I have managed to squeeze out an extra hour or two using this.

I highly recommend it!
Hope I helped you guys... don't forget to press the thanks button if you also feel that I did!:good::good:


from xda-developers http://ift.tt/1QogZai
via IFTTT

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire