samedi 27 février 2016

Faulty hardware?

Recently I've been having problems with random lag spikes, reboots and suddenly the screen just going black. This has gradually started happening more and more. Sometimes I've also gotten a boot fail screen wich resets the phone into download mode, other times I've gotten a kernel panic message stating eMMC read fail. To get the phone running again I often have to try several reboots and pull the battery for a couple of seconds. The battery is brand new as I just replaced my old battery that was starting to instantly deplete at around 20%.
It seems like a couple of other people has had this issue.

I've been using the same debloated stock root rom for the past 3-4 months, and it has worked fine, until recently when these problems started occurring. I suspected the source of the problem was xposed modules or an app wreaking havoc on the device. First I tried uninstalling xposed through TWRP, but the problems still occured. Then I tried to do a factory reset through the settings menu, but oddly the phone just restarted without performing any reset. So i figured I had to do a wipe via TWRP, but I got some kind of mounting error. After installing TWRP v3 I managed to wipe and install a new rom.

I tried these roms but the problem still presists after several tries of flashes and wipes.
http://ift.tt/1QgWCfn
http://ift.tt/1YSkMSY

The last thing I have yet to try is to do a clean stock flash through Odin, but chances seem dim as evidence points towards some kind of hardware failure. Flash chip maybe?

If it actually is hardware failure I have the problem of having modified the phone, so even if I go back to a stock unrooted rom the "Kernel is not seandroid enforcing" and "Set warranty bit: kernel" text will still show up during boot. If I am correct there is still no way to remove this, right? Luckily Norwegian laws are quite lenient when it comes hardware fault warranty, with up to 4 years of warranty for phones.

Will the service shop immediatly dismiss phones if they detected a modified system, even if it's 100% guaranteed that the problem is hardware failure? Has anyone had any experience with this?
I know a friend of mine got his rooted Nexus 5 replaced, but that didn't turn on at all, so I think they just replaced it without checking.


from xda-developers http://ift.tt/1TGJHnZ
via IFTTT

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire