jeudi 31 mars 2016

Partially building a custom rom

Hello there,

I am currently having a One Plus One. I have multi-rom utlity which allows me to have multiple android OS installed.

Currently the cyanogenmod based custom Marshmallow Rom I use (http://ift.tt/1ZHNrp8) has switched over to using stable CM branch as their rom base. So this requires using Super SU for root access. Unfortunately Super Su is not compatible with Multirom implementation for OPO.

One suggestion provided was to try building the custom rom from source with user-debug flag. Meanwhile I came across two build.prop values (ro.build.type=userdebug ; persist.sys.root_access=1) which I hoped would enable inbuilt superuser without rebuilding the rom from source but they did not work.

So for now, there seems to be no other way around building from source ( I wanted to avoid this as much as possible because I have a very slow Internet access downloading 30 GB or so for the ROM alone will take a month for me).

So here are my 2 questions:

1> The rom developer in the thread mentioned in 2nd para, talks about 2 source (Kernel and the rest). When I looked at the manifest, they talk about replacing something. So does this mean I need to download the cyanogenmod sources as well or does repo sync take care of that automatically ?

2> I assume the kernel and rom need to be built separately. Can the "userdebug" mode be enabled only by rebuilding the kernel and then placing it with rest of the rom build zip provided by the developer to avoid rebuilding the whole rom ? or better yet flash the my userdebug kernel again after the normal rom installation ?

Thanks In Advance :)


from xda-developers http://ift.tt/1SB5Qm8
via IFTTT

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire