jeudi 31 mars 2016

Soft brick on unmodified phone (apart from OS upgrades)

I've had my M8 since about the end of 2014. Originally on Android 4, have since done OTA upgrades to 5 and 6 as they were flagged as available by my carrier (UK, O2).
I've never managed to get HTC Backup on my PC to recognise the phone, even with the original USB cable, so have never done a proper backup (Yes. I know). Fortunately for me, my Gmail contacts list was almost up to date, and apart from my calendar, that was the most important thing to save, so I've just had to grin and bear it.
Because of the lack of proper backup and therefore the facility to restore from one, I'd never done a factory reset after the various OS upgrades, which I've been told might have avoided my present situation, which is that I can't get any further than a bootloop situation. Other than that, I can get into recovery mode, but no further.
I've tried clearing the cache, I've tried a factory reset. Neither of those have got me anywhere.
I've no great desire (at present) to go fiddling with rooting or anything clever with the phone, I'd just like to get it working again. I've downloaded Android Studio to get the SDK for ADB but don't really know what I'm doing, and if I mess around without expert advice I could end up with a hard brick - which is why I'm here.
Can anyone give me some guidance about what I need to do to get my phone working again?
Thanks in advance...


from xda-developers http://ift.tt/1VV4rtt
via IFTTT

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire