vendredi 29 avril 2016

Benefits - Downsides to Rooting

Hello everyone

I've always jailbroken my iPhones in the past, since it was such a constrained environment.

Since last year I've been rooting my Android Phones. Currently my new Note 5 is not rooted, since I'm questioning if I should root.

I've seen other threads that superficially deal with the PROS/CONS of rooting. I want to hear yours.

My PROS for rooting:
  • Greenifying apps for battery saving (though I'm currently not sure how much battery life is really saved)
  • Installing Xposed - I always use "no high volume warning", and "background youtube videos"
  • Use Amplify for battery saving
  • Use of F.lux or CF.lumen (for removing blue light at night)
  • Install apps like Youtube downloader by Arter97

My current CONS of rooting:
  • Losing the phone's warranty
  • The energy I spend being obsessed with battery performance
  • The bugs I encounter from time to time with rooted devices

Please share your PROS/CONS.
Are you someone who used to root phones? Do you currently do so? Why?

Thanks! :good:


from xda-developers http://ift.tt/1rG9yCJ
via IFTTT

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire