mardi 29 mars 2016

TWRP 3.0, Open Gapps and CM13 = Weirdness

Hi all, I'm not really sure if this is correct section to post this but has anyone else had issues with installing the latest (2016-03-16) CM13 release on their Nexus 7 flo device?

The steps I used to flash are as follows:
1. I used WugFresh NRT "Root" option with "Also flash custom recovery selected" to root my stock android 6.0.1 install and install TWRP 3.0.0.0
2. I then booted into recovery and copied over the CM13 zip and the (2016-03-16) version of OpenGapps Micro to the device.
3. I then did a factory reset from within recovery and flashed the CM13 zip which installed as expected.
4. Then I tried to flash the openGapps zip. I selected the zip and swiped to install and it stayed on "no md5 file found" for about 15 minutes. After this it installed and everything seemed to be fine until I rebooted into the OS.
5. When the tablet booted up for the first time and finished optimizing 96 apps* it came up with the CyanogenMod setup has stopped working error.

I know there is a work around for this but, as I had CM13 installed on this device before with no issue, I decided to dig a little deeper...

1. I downloaded TWRP 3.0.0.0 manually and flashed using fastboot. RESULT: Exact same thing with the long pause when installing Gapps followed by the CM setup error
2. I downloaded CM Recovery and manually flashed using fastboot. RESULT: Cannot install Gapps at all this time due to it not be compatible with CM recovery
3. I tried to ADB sideload using TWRP 3.0.0.0. RESULT: CM13 installed normally, but again, the same long pause with Gapps install followed by the CM setup error
4. By this point I'm fairly sure there is some issue with Gapps so I check the MD5 of the file and its fine so I download an older version and try to flash that... RESULT: Same thing as before
5. Next step, different Gapps version... So I download the "mini" version of Gapps instead of the "micro" one, check the MD5 and then try to flash. RESULT: Again huge pause during install follow by "Error 70: Insufficient space"
6. I setup a gapps config file on the tablet to tell the Gapps installer to install the Micro package in test mode so nothing should change. RESULT: This file is apparently completely ignored and I get the same result as before.
7. Finally I decide to fastboot flash TWRP 2.8.7.0 and voila! RESULT: CM13 installs and the Gapps micro install loads straight up installs everything at the expected speed. When the tablet reboots there are no error and everything seems to perfectly okay.

* As an aside I have a LG G3S/Beat which has been flashed with CM13 and OpenGapps Mini using TWRP 3.0.0.0 with no issue as all. When this device booted up it only optimised something like 24 apps. Can someone explain why my nexus 7 has to optimize 95 and the LG G3S only has to do 24?

TLDR; TWRP 3.0.0.0 doesn't like Gapps on the Nexus 7 flo

So has anyone else had any issue like this with their devices?

Regards
Nathan


from xda-developers http://ift.tt/22XBgYF
via IFTTT

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire